Partisan detachment Jastrib comprised of 5-persons Research-Inquiry Group by the 4th Ukrainian Front, soldiers of the 2nd Eastern-Slovakia Division and partisans of the Pugačov Unit. Its task was the information activity and tracing the movements of German army.
The 5-persons Research-Inquiry Group by the 4th Ukrainian Front landed on Na Kovaľovy hrunku, at the Vinné lake on the 26 August 1944 and it afterwards created the fundaments for the partisan Detachment Jastrib. After the outbreak of the Slovakian National Uprising, the soldiers of the 2nd Eastern-Slovakia Division and partisans of the Pugačov Unit joined it as well.
The detachment, comprising of 40 members, built earth lodges on Babia Góra (Mountain), but because its main task was the information activity, it very often changed its place of activity. In September partisans joined the Krywan group, which later on took their place. The Pugačov detachment redeployed around 6 kilometers further from the town of Kyjov. It divided into sections and each one was camping in various, strategic places of the Vihorlat Mountains. From that moment the detachment was tracing the movements of the German army and they stayed there until 26 November 1944, which is the moment of liberation of the town of Humenné and Michalovce.