Soviet partisan detachment Sergej reached Slovakia on the 1st August 1944 and it set the camp by the town of Osadné. Through its attacks and devastations it led to great damages in the German Army, especially in the railway section of Medzilaborce – Humenné.
During the II World War great number of partisans fighting against German soldiers were hiding in the Slovakian forests and mountains. Partisan detachment Sergej that reached Slovakia on the 1st August 1944 and which set up the camp near the village of Osadné was one of them.
The detachment immediately started its activity through attacking and destroying the German camp on the railway section of Medzilaborce – Humenné. The situation alarmed the German command, which repeatedly attacked the detachment. In the battle near the town of Snina the detachment Sergej separated the 538 German Company of the Railway Batallion of the First Tank Brigade. As a result, Germans sent their propaganda brigade against the partisans and started publicly raising a rebellion among the residents. The detachment Sergej, however, eliminated the agitators and during the attacks on the railways also disorganized 1st German Tank Army, which was just redeploying. Battles between German soldiers and partisans lasted until the moment when members of the Sergej detachment joined the Red Army and fought for the independence of Czechoslovakia.