The Topol’a village attracts tourists and people interested in history with its national cultural monument – the Greek-Catholic wooden Church of St. Michael the Archangel. The construction of the temple on a steep hill was completed in 1700.
It's a tripartite Baroque log building, covered with shingles and with two towers and a three-armed cross. An interesting element of the interior is the four-tiered iconostasis dating back to the mid 18th century. It comprises of the icons of St. Nicolas the Bishop, Mother of God Hodigitria, Christ the Teacher, St. Michael the Archangel and others. The deacon’s door doesn‘t have the wings. The tsar’s double door is decorated with six medallions of the Evangelists and the Announcing.
There is a separate wooden bell tower constructed in the 20th century near the church. It's got a column structure, it's covered with shingles and there is an one-armed cross on top of it.
The village of Topol’a is situated in the east part of the Bieszczady Mountains, in the Ulička Valley, and the first written record concerning the place dates back to 1600. The main landmarks of the village are the remains of the 20th century stone palace and the monument dedicated to the poet A.V. Duchnovič, the national spirit of the Ruthenian and Ukrainians initiator. Nearby, there is the best preserved Jewish cemetery in Poloniny.